What is Dual Credit?
- For specific classes students can earn BOTH Leyden High School Credit as well as credit at Triton College.
- You take the class AT LEYDEN with your LEYDEN Teacher.
- Your grades are shared with Triton to ensure successful completion of the course objectives.
- Credit is awarded on BOTH your Leyden and Triton Transcript.
Dual Credit is as easy as 1 2 3
- Step 1: -Fill out Triton Online application (instructions below).
- Step 2: -Take Triton placement test (no cost). We will set up testing dates for you OR you may test at Triton College at your convenience.
- Step 3: -Pass the course! Your credit will show up on your Triton College transcript after the semester ends!
What are the Benefits?
- Significantly reduces the cost of higher education.
- Begins the transition to college early.
- Expands academic options for college-bound high school students.
- Minimizes the duplication of courses taken in high school and college.
- Shortens the time required to complete an undergraduate degree.
- Provides guaranteed college credit.
- Begins student's permanent college transcript.