What is Dual Credit?
- For specific classes (below), students can earn BOTH Leyden High School Credit as well as credits at Triton College.
- You take the class AT LEYDEN with your LEYDEN Teacher.
- Your grades are shared with Triton to ensure the successful completion of the course objectives.
- Credit is awarded on BOTH your Leyden and Triton Transcript.
Dual Credit is as easy as 1 2 3
- Step 1: -Sign up for one of the below courses, or speak with your counselor regarding the Dual Credit Program, requirements, and available course offerings.
- Step 2: -Complete the Dual Credit Application at home or with your high school counselor and have it submitted by the deadline (August 23rd, 2020 for the first semester and year-long courses). Please refer to our Application Guide if you need help completing it. You will need to create an account before continuing onto your application. The “Create an Account” form is not the same as the application form. You only have to apply once!
- Step 3: -Pass the course! Your credit will show up on your Triton College transcript after the semester ends!
What are the Benefits?
- Students who take advantage of dual credit qualify for Honors Grade Weight for that course!
- Significantly reduces the cost of higher education.
- It begins the transition to college early.
- Expands academic options for college-bound high school students.
- Minimizes the duplication of courses taken in high school and college.
- Shortens the time required to complete an undergraduate degree.
- Provides guaranteed college credit.
- Begins student's permanent college transcript.
- Students may apply between May 20th – August 23rd, 2020
- Are you not sure if you have completed the necessary steps? Check Home Access Center's Dual Credit Status, or reach out to the office of Careers and Community Outreach at (847) 451-3031 or email@example.com.
Transferology- Will this course transfer to the University I was just accepted to?
Dual Credit Online Application Instructions - This application is required for all Dual Credit Students.
Triton's Testing Center - After your application is complete you may be required to take the Accuplacer Exam.