Dual Enrollment (On Campus at Triton)
Did you know that students who earn 15 hours or more of college credit before graduating from high school are two times more likely to complete a post-secondary program!
What is Dual Enrollment?
- Open to students in grades 9-12
- You take the class at Triton with a Triton Teacher.
- Your grades are shared with Leyden to ensure the successful completion of the course.
- 50% of the tuition cost is paid by the district upon the successful completion of the course. The current cost at Triton College is $133.00 per credit hour.
Dual Enrollment Information
Getting In •Complete the Dual Enrollment Application (Dual Enrollment Application) •Take the ACCUPLACER if required •The placement test can be waived with ACT test scores of 20 and/or SAT scores of 480 in English and Writing and ACT scores of 23 and/or SAT scores of 530 in Math. Go to www.triton.edu/placementtesting for placement test practice. •Enroll in Dual Enrollment (TDE 101 /102) with your Leyden Counselor
Signing up for the Dual Enrollment program has its perks and benefits:
• Transferable* college credit earned from an accredited institution (limitations may apply)
• Reduction of the number of college classes taken after high school graduation
• Utilization of college resources and services, including the library, computer and academic labs, and tutoring services
• Participation in college campus activities
• Access to campus facilities
Dual Credit New Student Orientation Info- This is a great resource for all your Dual Credit Questions.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mr. Frank Holthouse at 847-451-3031 or email@example.com.