Dual Enrollment (On Campus at Triton)
What is Dual Enrollment?
- For specific classes, students can earn transferable college credit at Triton College.
- You take the class at Triton with a Triton Teacher.
- Your grades are shared with Triton to ensure the successful completion of the course objectives.
- 50% of the tuition cost is paid by the district upon the successful completion of the course.
Dual Enrollment is as easy as 1 2 3
- Step 1: -Fill out the Triton Online application (instructions below).
- Step 2: -Take the ACCUPLACER placement test (no cost). We will set up testing dates for you OR you may test at Triton College at your convenience.
- Step 3: -Pass the course! Your credit will show up on your Triton College transcript after the semester ends!
What are the Benefits?
- Significantly reduces the cost of higher education.
- It begins the transition to college early.
- Expands academic options for college-bound high school students.
- Minimizes the duplication of courses taken in high school and college.
- Shortens the time required to complete an undergraduate degree.
- Provides guaranteed college credit.
- Begins student's permanent college transcript.
Dual Enrollment Information
Getting In •Complete the Dual Enrollment Application (Dual Enrollment Application) •Take the ACCUPLACER if required •The placement test can be waived with ACT test scores of 20 and/or SAT scores of 480 in English and Writing and ACT scores of 23 and/or SAT scores of 530 in Math. Go to www.triton.edu/placementtesting for placement test practice. •Enroll in Dual Enrollment (TDE 100) with your Leyden Counselor
Signing up for the Dual Enrollment program has its perks and benefits:
• Transferable college credit earned from an accredited institution
• Reduction of the number of college classes taken after high school graduation
• Utilization of college resources and services, including the library, computer and academic labs, and tutoring services
• Participation in college campus activities
• Access to campus facilities