The Dual Credit Career Pathway Cohorts are a new and exciting way for high school students to get a jump start on their career and education goals by earning a certificate within an in-demand career field while still in high school! Participants who complete their chosen pathway will be prepared to enter the job market with an industry-recognized credential and will have also completed nearly a 1⁄4 of the graduation requirements for an Associate’s Degree at Triton!
Criminal Justice Cohort:
Upon Successful Completion Students Earn - Criminal Justice Administration Law Enforcement Certificate o With the Criminal Justice Administration Law Enforcement Certificate, the graduate will be able to:
• Demonstrate the fundamental concepts regarding the operation of the American criminal justice system;
• Identify the fundamental elements of law and how they apply to the judicial process;
• Recognize the differences between the adult and juvenile criminal justice systems;
• Demonstrate professional competencies to meet the needs of career opportunities and requirements for employment in the field of the criminal justice system; and
• Develop skills for problem-solving, oral communication, and professional writing.
Schedule and Pathway: Monday-Thursday (Fall 2020, Spring 2021) 1:00 PM-3:45 PM
- CJA 111 - Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJA 181 - Juvenile Delinquency & Law
- CJA 116 - Current Security Problems
- CJA 171 - Patrol Administration
- CJA 166 - Criminal Investigation
- CJA 148 - Police/Community Relations
TDE313 (311/312) - Criminal Justice Admin (3 credits)
This is a full year course that students will receive one credit for at Leyden. It requires students to leave following 6th period, daily, for the full year.
2 Semester or 1 Credit
GPA of 2.5 and 90% Attendance Average
Students that successfully complete the courses will be waived of all fees. Students who fail the course will be subject to a $250.00 course and book fee.
Still have Questions?
Director of Careers & Community Outreach