Credentials & Certifications
The goal of Leyden High Schools is to have every student college and career ready by the time they graduate. Courses in Business, Family and Consumer Science, and Industrial Technology offer opportunities for students to work toward and/or earn industry-recognized certifications. These certifications provide evidence of learning and skill development as students transition to post-secondary and career opportunities.
- In the U.S. and Canada, professionals with certifications have an average salary of $111,334, which is 7% more than noncertified professionals.
- IT professionals who gained new skills and/or certifications last year received an average raise of $12,000-$13,000.
- 91% of hiring managers report certification as criteria for hiring.
- Certification makes job candidates stand out in a crowded market.
Did you know that you can have certain classes waived by Triton by demonstrating the same learning objectives through a credential? See some of the opportunities below:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access = CIS 150 Computer Systems Applications
- CompTIA A+ credential = CIS 105 A+ PC Hardware & Software & CIS 106 A+ PC Maintenance & Repair
- CompTIA Network+ credential = CIS 210 Data Communications & Networking Fundamentals