8/18/17 West Student BulletinPosted by Joan Rose at 8/18/2017
WE ARE EXCELLENCE
WE ARE SERVICE
WE ARE ONE
August 18, 2017
SPORTSBoys cross country Interested in running, having fun and meeting new people? Come out for the boys cross country team. We will meet at West Leyden at 3:45 by the track for practice this week. Please sign up on the athletics website and have your physical completed. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Henning at East or West.
Book Store hours: New Room.......Room 070
Wednesday, 8/16/17 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, 8/17/17 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Friday, 8/18/17 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Welcome back to school! The Deans’ Office (room 177)wants you to have a safe and successful school year. Here are a few reminders as we begin the year:
1. Please be mindful of the clothes you are wearing to school. Students are not to wear color combinations of pink/black, yellow/black, or gold/black. Items of clothing with inappropriate language or pictures may not be worn. Students wearing any item of clothing that is deemed inappropriate for school will be sent to the Deans’ Office to change.
a. Gentleman - you will be asked to pull up your pants if they are sagging/dragging.
b. Ladies - you will be asked to change if your blouses, shirts, shorts, and/or skirts are too short or revealing in any way. If you are wearing spaghetti straps you will be sent to the Deans’ Office to change.
2. Cell phones and other electronics are not to be used between the hours of 7:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. with the exception of ACCESS, Guided Study, BIC and detentions. All earbuds must be put away and electronics off during the day when you are in the halls. If a teacher chooses to let you use your electronics in class, they must be turned off and put away before entering the hallway.
3. Seniors (only) driving to school need a sticker to park in the designated student parking area. In order to obtain a sticker, students must fill out the application in the Deans' Office. Students need to obtain their parking stickers by Wednesday, August 23rd.
4. After school students are to report to their assigned location for Guided Study or ACCESS. Students who do not have an assigned location after school can get help from teachers, go to the Media Center, the cafeteria or to athletic practice. Students who do not have after school activities must leave the building immediately. Students are not allowed to roam the halls after school.
- Vehicle Stickers (Seniors Only):If you have not picked up you student vehicle sticker, please come to the deans office. All stickers need to be on your car by Friday August 25th. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action.8/25
MARCHING BAND CLASS STUDENTS please be reminded your next class meeting is this Saturday, August 19, 1:00 PM, West Leyden. See your email for details and fill out the family cookout google doc. See you there!8/18
Orchesis: Hey students, do you have a passion for dance? Join Orchesis, Leyden High School's State Dance Festival performers fine arts and choreography club. The informational meeting will be at the East campus TODAY at 3:45 in the West dance room. Tryouts begin Monday August 21st, see you there!
Underclass Yearbook Photos will be taken on Friday, August 18th during PE classes in the gym. Order forms will be distributed on August 16th in the PE classes and are also available in the main office and student services office.