Key components of the student schedule:
- All students will end their day at the same time
All students complete their last class of the day at 2:40 p.m. every day.
- Built-in supports for all students during the school day
The "Eagle Time" period runs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays between Periods 2 and 3 and includes grade-level supports for all students during two of the four days per week.
- All students will be part of a 4-year advisory which meets twice a week for 35 minutes
During two of the "Eagle Time" periods per week, all students are assigned to a grade-level advisory. These advisories remain consistent each year, with the same teacher and group of students. This grouping is meant to create a strong sense of belonging, build relationships with fellow students and teachers, and support personal and academic growth.
- Freshman/Seniors - Mondays and Thursdays
- Sophomores/Juniors/- Tuesdays and Fridays
- Each class will be the same number of minutes each week
Classes are a consecutive 45-minute period on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. The classes are 40-minute periods on Wednesday inservice days. Every class meets for 220 minutes per week.
- Lunch periods increase by 10-minutes
Lunch periods are 35-minutes during regular school days and 34-minutes during inservice days.
- Wednesdays are inservice days with classes starting at 8:50 a.m.
Teachers work in their Professional Learning Communities every Wednesday morning before classes begin at 8:50 a.m.
- Teachers have office hours at the end of every day from 2:40 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Every teacher is available at the end of every school day to meet with students for additional support. A schedule of teacher locations is posted.
- Upperclassmen may earn the option to have flexible time in their day twice per week for 35 minutes
Eligible Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors can use two of their "Eagle Time" periods per week to visit the student commons or library. The criteria for earning this incentive will be communicated to students at the beginning of the school year.
- Leadership opportunities for Juniors and Seniors
Juniors have an opportunity to become Freshman Advisory mentors and Seniors have the opportunity to become Sophomore Advisory mentors.